Tuesday, August 11, 2009

First Day: Way to Make an Impression

My first day of work was also my third day taking my malaria pills. Let me get the bottle right now because I have something important to share from it...(2 minutes later)...okay, I'm reading directly from the direction usage:

Take this medication by mouth on an empty stomach...

So, I took my pill on an empty stomach 15 minutes before my director picked me up on Monday morning. Now, imagine this little pill traveling down into my tummy and meeting up with a bunch of FIRST DAY nerves. Well, they fought it out, and the outcome was not pretty. So, my director showed up with me looking a bit green around the gills. I assured him I was okay, and we continued on to the van. I jumped in with all my new coworkers (some I had met, and some not). We were about 5 minutes into the trip when a few things started to happen: 1) Crystal started to heave 2) Someone yelled to pull the van over 3) I jumped out of the van and vomited on the side of the road - several times 4) Me again...I made it to school and then proceeded to get sick two more times outside during the introductory meeting.

Well, what do you think of that first impression? To their credit, everyone was incredibly sympathetic and kind.

And no, I can't include pictures of this one.